Library Learning Center
Welcome to Indian Hills Elementary School’s Library Media Center
Salt Lake City School Library Mission Statement
The mission of the Library Learning Center is to ensure that students and staff are effective users of ideas and information. A strong Library Learning Center program, administered by a certified Library Technology Teacher, positively impacts student achievement. The Library Technology Teacher is a certified teacher, instructional partner, information specialist and program coordinator.
What is Battle of the Books?
Students (grades 4-6) who read at least 5 books and complete the online summary form will be able to participate in the school Battle of the Books in late winter 2023. Students will compete in a question and answer format about the 20 assigned books. The top four school winners will represent Indian Hills during the district Battle of the Books in 2023. The Battle of the Books is a competition, but most importantly, it creates excitement about high quality children's literature. The book list offers a variety of books, so everyone will find something that they like. Students might even discover a new genre type. So keep reading and don't forget to complete the summary. If students can't remember which summaries they have complete, they can stop in the library to see their progress.
- Has been a certified teacher in the Salt Lake City School District since 2013
- I am the school Librarian
- Earned a bachelor's degree in English Education at Southern Utah University
- Earned a master's degree in Curriculum Writing at Western Governors University
- Earned my ELD endorsement
- Earned Reading Endorsement
- Earned my Library Endorsement