Hello Indian Hills Community!
SLCSD has many unfilled substitute teaching positions available right now, and we’d like to help! We would love to put together a pool of qualified substitutes from our school community that can help with substitute needs here at Indian Hills (and even elsewhere).
Do you or someone you know (grandparent, neighbor, friend) have time and an interest in being involved in this way?
The application process is easy and teaching experience isn’t required (though it’s always a plus!) It’s a fun way to make a little extra money while also making a big impact on our amazing students. *AND… you can choose which schools to accept jobs from and you are under no obligation if a job comes up that you are not available for.
If you are interested, you can apply via the district at https://www.slcschools.org/departments/employee-hiring-processes
*They are very busy and backed up right now, but after applying, you can follow up with HR at 801-578-8340 to help get the ball rolling.
If you have any questions about the process, please feel free to contact me here in the office:
2496 St Mary's Way
SLC, Utah 84108
Below are some highlights from the Job Description:
$105.00/day Associate's Degree
$115.00/day Bachelor's Degree
$125.00/day Teaching Certificate
$140.00/day Retired SLCSD teacher
Note: This position is part time, on-call and jobs can be selected through a notification system. You can choose which schools to accept jobs from and are under no obligation if a job comes up that you are not available for.
The substitute teacher meets the educational needs of our students when the regular teacher is absent by following the assigned lesson plans, managing classroom behavior, and documenting important occurrences during the school day.
This position reports to the Principal or administrative designee.
- High School diploma or equivalent and Associate's Degree or 60 semester hours of appropriate college credit (See substitute teacher handbook on the SLCSD website)
- Ability to pass a fingerprint and criminal background check
- Able to roll, push, pull, bend, reach, stoop, and lift up to 30 pounds
- Speak, read, write, and present professionally, analyze and interpret English written and verbal communications
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, Outlook
- Ability to operate standard office equipment; phone, copy and fax machines etc.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Teaching license from any state
- Participating in or have completed a teaching program
- Knowledgeable of content pedagogy and student development stages
- Teach as scheduled and assigned by location, classroom and subject.
- Follow and implement student lesson plans by translating into learning activities.
- Organize classroom space for safety and for effective learning.
- Create a respectful classroom environment, establishing developmentally and culturally appropriate, positive and respectful teacher-student interactions.
- Establish a culture for learning, setting an expectation for learning and achievement, conveying the importance of the content, and displaying knowledge of students' skills.
- Use a wide variety of appropriate resources for diverse learning styles; adjust lessons, respond to student questions and interests, and provide a variety of approaches when students have difficulties.
- Engage students in learning through use of content activities, instructional materials, assignments, student groupings, questioning and discussion techniques, and the structure and pacing of the lessons.
- Manage student behavior in the classroom and at other school sponsored events, by establishing clear expectations, monitoring and dealing with students throughout class time, and appropriately to correcting misbehavior while respecting student dignity.
- Communicate clearly and accurately, using appropriate vocabulary for age and interests, and provide specific and timely feedback to enhance learning.
- Maintain accurate records of students' completion of assignments, student progress, and other non-instructional records.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with diverse groups of people while maintaining confidentiality and positive working relationships with students, supervisors, co-workers, parents, and other district employees.
- Other duties as assigned.